Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2011

For the first time

since moving to Korea, I am truly bored. Sure I could be productive. Practice my Korean, clean, play Rift or WoW. But I don't want to. I had plans today. Plans that involved walking through the tunnel system to the Bus stop and trying figure out the bus route, maybe walking down to Wollae, and if I can't do that, I don't want to do anything.

It's raining steadily right now and it's supposed to all weekend. It's even ruining our plans for this weekend. More on that in a minute. Since I'm bored and feeling grumpy about it, I wanted to complain some more about how much I hate my washer dryer.

This is a load of laundry. I put my foot next to it so you can see how big it is all mushed together.

This is what is in that load of laundry. 2 pairs of underwear (mine and shannons), 3 pairs of socks, 1 T-shirt, 1 tank top, and 1 pair of jeans.

Gah!!! Laundry is never done at this rate. Why? Because this isn't even a full day worth of clothes for us. Shannon usually changes when he gets home from work, and I wear something besides a tank top, that's a layer, not an outfit. Also this load does not include my pants, only Shannon's!

The washer/dryer can physically fit more, but this load is what will successfully wash and dry. Multiple pairs of pants are usually a bad idea unless one is not jeans or at least some lighter fabric.

One more thought, in response to my current favorite blog online, The Wanderlust Diary, maybe the reason Koreans write stories about washer dryers is because the laundry is never done!!!

Ok, I'm done ranting about the Washer Dryer, for now... back to how the rain is ruining our plans for the weekend.
Plans before the rain:
Go Hiking to another kick-a$$ temple
Go to the Gwangalli Eobang festival at Gwangalli beach. See the awesome dancing boat lights.

Since both of these are outside, that pretty much kills those plans. I'm not so upset about not going hiking, the temple will still be there next weekend. But it sucks that the festival will probably be rained out. We're currently going to try for Sunday afternoon/evening, hopefully the rain will be done by then.

Speaking of weekend plans, Shannon has a 6 day weekend coming up, we're debating about what we want to do... we think we should go to another country. Normally, Japan would be the obvious choice, but with everything going on over there I don't know how much they would welcome tourists. So we've nixed that choice, much to my dismay. :(     So, suggestions? Ideas?

A happy picture to end on... Lizzie likes the cubby holes as much as I do!
She likes to watch me getting ready in the morning. See her in my closet? lol. Perfect kitty perch. I took this picture in my vanity mirror across from our closets.

No comments:

Post a Comment