- The flight kennels should have at least 3 inches of clearance around the cats inside while sitting, standing or lying down.
- We bought 2 kennels for this. The shipping company would have provided loaner kennels for $90/ea. We bought these for $65/ea.
- The kennel dimensions: 28Lx20.5Wx21.5H inches
- Kitty dimensions: 14Hx20L
- So the kitties should be very comfy!
- Ventilated on all 4 sides.
- Bolted Edges (None of the easy access clasps)
Pictures of the kennel from front and back. Note the ventilation and wingnut bolts on the sides.
Set-up Requirements (I haven't done these yet):
- Shredded Paper along the bottom.
- I'm going to use our shredding machine and shred up newspapers for this.
- T-shirt or small towel
- We're going to put old t-shirts in with them that smell like us to cuddle with.
- No Toys inside! (poor kitties...no toys?!)
- 2 water dishes that attach to the door filled with water and frozen.
- 2 ziploc baggies with food secured to the top of the kennel
Here's a picture of our kitties, already asuming something bad is going to happen.
Lizzie's such a ham and Bella likes to pretend the camera isn't there and deliberately turns away. (Bella's on the left, Lizzie's on the right)
They had a vet visit last night to get their health certificates signed. Those were mailed express to the USDA and a copy to AirAnimal, Inc. The ship date is still March 31st. They'll arrive in Korea on April 2nd.
Wish the kitties good luck!